ABOUT THE SCHOOL > Brief History of St Michael's School
- The school was officially opened by Mrs. C.C. Tan, wife of the Chairman of the Christian Brothers' Old Boys Association on 11 September.
- Brother Basil, a former Director of St. George's School in Penang took over the helm upon Brother Thomas's retirement. For the first years, St. Joseph 's Afternoon School shared the same premises as St. Michael's School
- St Joseph 's Afternoon School moved to Bras Basah, St. Joseph 's Junior moved in.
- St Joseph 's Junior merged wit St. Michael's to become SMS I and SMS II. Under the principalship of Brother Basil Voon, the school reached dizzying heights in sports and in the academic fields. St. Michael's School ruled supremely in Soccer, it was dubbed the “The Soccer School”.
- Brother Basil retired and Mr Ho Fook Seng, a teacher from St. Joseph 's Institution succeeded him in January 1967.